Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Cloud based C4D nodes (without GPU)
posted by Anonymous  on Sept. 5, 2017, 2 p.m. (19 days ago)
15 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Just wondering if anyone's managed to get a c4d node rendering in the cloud and if there's a trick to doing it? I'm having major issues as our instances don't have GPU's attached (Using Arnold). 

I got c4d command launching up to the point where it starts looking for a GPU and then dies

TOM TAYLOR
Head of Engineering, Chicago
+1 312 605 8900
THE MILL 1000 WEST FULTON MARKET, SUITE 250, CHICAGO, IL 60607
FOLLOW @MILLCHANNEL | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

Thread Tags:
  gpu, 4d, cinema, discuss-at-studiosysadmins, commandline render, discuss-at-studiosysadmins c4d, 

Response from Lee Danskin @ Sept. 11, 2017, 12:15 p.m.
Ignore me should read first post!
On 11 September 2017 at 16:06, Lee Danskin <leedanskin@gmail.com> wrote:
Which renderer in C4D Octane? then the new G3 instances from amazon might be up your street..
https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2017/07/introducing-amazon-ec2-g3-instances-the-next-generation-of-gpu-powered-instances-for-graphics-intensive-applications/

Lee

On 11 September 2017 at 13:57, Matthew Crnich <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote:

Tom,

Just saw your post. Did you get this solved?

We have a large C4D deployment. We've run into and solved a couple commandline GPU issues.

Ironically, we are down the street from you.

LMK!

Best,

Matt

/
MATTHEW CRNICH
ChiefTechnologyOfficer

matt.crnich@sarofsky.com
t.(312) 492-9909

1506 west fulton street, chicago, il, 60607
sarofsky.com

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

--
Lee DanskinLinsladeBedfordshire
Mobile: 07711007695

--

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Lee Danskin @ Sept. 11, 2017, 11:10 a.m.
Which renderer in C4D Octane? then the new G3 instances from amazon might be up your street..
https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2017/07/introducing-amazon-ec2-g3-instances-the-next-generation-of-gpu-powered-instances-for-graphics-intensive-applications/

Lee

On 11 September 2017 at 13:57, Matthew Crnich <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote:

Tom,

Just saw your post. Did you get this solved?

We have a large C4D deployment. We've run into and solved a couple commandline GPU issues.

LMK!

Best,

Matt

/
MATTHEW CRNICH
ChiefTechnologyOfficer

matt.crnich@sarofsky.com
t.(312) 492-9909

sarofsky.com

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

--

Response from Matthew Crnich @ Sept. 11, 2017, 8:57 a.m.

Tom,

Just saw your post.  Did you get this solved?

LMK!

Best,

Matt

/
MATTHEW CRNICH
Chief Technology Officer

matt.crnich@sarofsky.com
t. (312) 492-9909

sarofsky.com

Response from Anonymous @ Sept. 7, 2017, 7:20 p.m.

Yep, that's what I've been using but still no dice. 

Will have another look at it this week. 

TOM TAYLOR
+1 312 605 8900

From: studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com <studiosysadmins-discuss-bounces@studiosysadmins.com> on behalf of Mike Owen <mjnowen@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:12 PM
To: studiosysadmins-discuss@studiosysadmins.com
Subject: Re: [SSA-Discuss] Cloud based C4D nodes (without GPU)
  ** Incoming mail from outside The Mill **
What platform are you using? Try using the "Commandline.exe" / "Commandline" executable instead of "CINEMA 4D 64 Bit.exe" / "CINEMA 4D" app.
On 5 September 2017 at 18:54, Tom Taylor <taylor@themill.com> wrote:

Just wondering if anyone's managed to get a c4d node rendering in the cloud and if there's a trick to doing it? I'm having major issues as our instances don't have GPU's attached (Using Arnold). 

I got c4d command launching up to the point where it starts looking for a GPU and then dies

TOM TAYLOR
+1 312 605 8900
FOLLOW @MILLCHANNEL |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER  |  INSTAGRAM

Response from Julian Firminger @ Sept. 6, 2017, 3:40 a.m.
It's currently 5 render lics for each dt lic you own, plus you can buy extras for ~100euro each. And you need to either pay 1500 for RLM or run their lic server for about 700ish.

Julian Firminger

Senior Systems AdministratorUnited Broadcast FacilitiesAmsterdam, The Netherlands

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 7:15 AM, Brian Krusic <brian@krusic.com> wrote:
Hi,
They had a v14 and that was about it.
We loved it.
- Brian
Every day is a gift Thats why they call it the present"
On Sep 5, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Ben De Luca <bdeluca@gmail.com> wrote:
did any one ever get their linux version. Was it real or just a rumour?
On 6 September 2017 at 04:00, Saker Klippsten <sakerk@gmail.com> wrote:
Yearly 1500 fee!!!! Such BS.

Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 5, 2017, at 6:36 PM, Dan Young <dan.robert.young@gmail.com> wrote:

Per node command line licensing... only in Maxonland. Brought to you by NetRender and the reinvented Maxon 1500$ RLM fee to not use their (useless) licserv.
On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:05 PM Ali Poursamadi <apoursamady@gmail.com> wrote:
I remember they used to offer 10 Command Line Render node licenses per each interactive license. You might wanna get in touch with them and get the licenses .-Ali

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Rob LaRose <rlarose@rockpaperscissors.com> wrote:

Back in the day (been a few years now) we used to run c4d individual renders from the command line, though -- on Deadline, I think.
Not as part of their renderfarm model / licensing, just a full command-line specifying frames, passes, etc.

--Rob LaRose
engineer |rock paper scissors
245 5th ave 23rd floor new york ny 10016| O212 255 6446

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 3:36 PM, Saker Klippsten <sakerk@gmail.com> wrote:
Ahh yes. thats it!!!Good ol'e! Maxon.
Thanks JF

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Jean-Francois Panisset <panisset@gmail.com> wrote:
https://www.maxonshop.com/us/ps/Network-Licensing/1/s1/CAT243-CAT262

Command Line Render Clients (Per Node)

For users whose render jobs exceed the capacity of individual workstations or that of Team Render, MAXON offers the Cinema 4D Command Line Render Client for creating dedicated render farms. The Command Line Render Client uses the Cinema 4D render functions and is managed by render farm admin tools provided by third parties.

$95 per node

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Saker Klippsten <sakerk@gmail.com> wrote:
Should work without a GPU..but I also believe the commandline rendering is an extra license for render nodes..-s

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Mike Owen <mjnowen@gmail.com> wrote:
What platform are you using? Try using the "Commandline.exe" / "Commandline" executable instead of "CINEMA 4D 64 Bit.exe" / "CINEMA 4D" app.

TOMTAYLOR
HeadofEngineering,Chicago
T
+13126058900
M9179713876
THEMILL1000WESTFULTONMARKET,SUITE250,CHICAGO,IL60607
FOLLOW@MILLCHANNEL|FACEBOOK|TWITTER|INSTAGRAM

Response from Brian Krusic @ Sept. 6, 2017, 1:20 a.m.
Hi,
They had a v14 and that was about it.
We loved it.
- Brian
Every day is a gift Thats why they call it the present"
On Sep 5, 2017, at 8:07 PM, Ben De Luca <bdeluca@gmail.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

Per node command line licensing... only in Maxonland. Brought to you by NetRender and the reinvented Maxon 1500$ RLM fee to not use their (useless) licserv. 
I remember they used to offer 10 Command Line Render node licenses per each interactive license. You might wanna get in touch with them and get the licenses .-Ali

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Rob LaRose <rlarose@rockpaperscissors.com> wrote:

Back in the day (been a few years now) we used to run c4d individual renders from the command line, though -- on Deadline, I think.
Not as part of their renderfarm model / licensing, just a full command-line specifying frames, passes, etc.

--Rob LaRose
engineer | rock paper scissors 
245 5th ave 23rd floor new york ny 10016 | O 212 255 6446

Thanks JF

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Jean-Francois Panisset <panisset@gmail.com> wrote:

For users whose render jobs exceed the capacity of individual workstations or that of Team Render, MAXON offers the Cinema 4D Command Line Render Client for creating dedicated render farms. The Command Line Render Client uses the Cinema 4D render functions and is managed by render farm admin tools provided by third parties.

$95 per node

Should work without a GPU..but I also believe the commandline rendering  is an extra license for render nodes..-s

TOM TAYLOR
+1 312 605 8900

Response from Ben De Luca @ Sept. 5, 2017, 11:10 p.m.

Sent from my iPhone

--Rob LaRose

Thanks JF

$95 per node

Should work without a GPU..but I also believe the commandline rendering is an extra license for render nodes..-s

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Saker Klippsten @ Sept. 5, 2017, 10:05 p.m.

Sent from my iPhone

--Rob LaRose
engineer | rock paper scissors 
245 5th ave 23rd floor new york ny 10016 | O 212 255 6446

Thanks JF

$95 per node

Should work without a GPU..but I also believe the commandline rendering  is an extra license for render nodes..-s

TOM TAYLOR
+1 312 605 8900

Response from Dan Young @ Sept. 5, 2017, 9:40 p.m.

--Rob LaRose

Thanks JF

$95 per node

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Ali Poursamadi @ Sept. 5, 2017, 4:10 p.m.

--Rob LaRose

Thanks JF

$95 per node

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Rob LaRose @ Sept. 5, 2017, 3:45 p.m.

--Rob LaRose

Thanks JF

$95 per node

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Saker Klippsten @ Sept. 5, 2017, 3:40 p.m.
Thanks JF

$95 per node

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Jean-Francois Panisset @ Sept. 5, 2017, 3:30 p.m.

$95 per node

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Saker Klippsten @ Sept. 5, 2017, 2:40 p.m.

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876

Response from Anonymous @ Sept. 5, 2017, 2:15 p.m.

TOMTAYLOR
T
+13126058900
M9179713876