Sponsors
Sponsor Products
High Quality Sample Footage - Uncompressed
posted by Devin Termini  on April 21, 2018, 7:36 p.m. (5 months, 4 days ago)
1 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Hello,

I am working on a project to do some encoder quality benchmarking. To get the best results I'd like to start with the highest quality footage possible. Does anyone know where I can get uncompressed UHD (3840x2160) video? The uncompressed footage I can get is actually derived from some other compressed source such as ProRes, DNxHR, etc... For the most accurate test results, I'm thinking I'd like to avoid this.

Ideally this would be 10-bit and 4:2:2 color, Rec. 709 color space. They don't have to be long, perhaps a handful of 10 second clips would do the job.

I'm also considering using other footage, such as JPEG2000, Sony XAVC, or RED R3D as sources. These are more readily available. However, I'm uncertain if the compression in the source material will impact test results. Any input is welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Thread Tags:
  social 

Response from Mike Rochefort @ April 21, 2018, 7:45 p.m.
Arri releases a bunch of test footage on their ftp site. 
ftp://ftp-footage.arri.de
The username is usually the camera lineup youre looking at, I know of ALEXA and AMIRA. The password is just samplefootage. There should be both compressed and uncompressed footage in their archives. 
Cheers,Mike

---- On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 19:36:14 -0400 Devin Termini<content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote ----

Hello,

I am working on a project to do some encoder quality benchmarking. To get the best results I'd like to start with the highest quality footage possible. Does anyone know where I can get uncompressed UHD (3840x2160) video? The uncompressed footage I can get is actually derived from some other compressed source such as ProRes, DNxHR, etc... For the most accurate test results, I'm thinking I'd like to avoid this.

Ideally this would be 10-bit and 4:2:2 color, Rec. 709 color space. They don't have to be long, perhaps a handful of 10 second clips would do the job.

I'm also considering using other footage, such as JPEG2000, Sony XAVC, or RED R3D as sources. These are more readily available. However, I'm uncertain if the compression in the source material will impact test results. Any input is welcome!

Thanks in advance!

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments