Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Mac Os / Chrome - open browse dialog for upload in a locked path
posted by Greg Whynott  on April 27, 2018, 6:55 p.m. (4 months, 29 days ago)
3 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
Not sure without looking at it, but there may be a 'delete browsing history' on close option, that might be a shot term fix.
or look at the preference file, may be a 'remember last " thingy... should be \users\g.whynott\appdata\local\google\chrome\user data\default or similar
I'll take a look when i'm near a mac.
greg

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Tamas Pataki <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote:

Hi,

Using Mac, and Chrome browser, when I'm on a page where I would need to upload a file (let say attache to an email) it will always open the folder I have used the last time.

Is it possible to change this behaviour and when I open this dialog alway start from the desktop or any pre-set location?I want to force the user to find the path manually every time, even if is the same location, to ensure it is not mistaken with other folders in case they have the same name.

I know the download behave differently and that I can change in the application as default download path.

Do you aware if this can be done? I'm not even sure if is OS or application specific.

Thanks

Tamas

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Tamas Pataki @ May 11, 2018, 6:19 a.m.

Hi Greg,

I don't see anything in that location, which I could use.. I try to research on web, but everyone about the "download" location changes, and I don't seem to see relation with the "upload" and download dialogs so therefore those topics are useless for me.

I did try to dig trough the "Hidden" settings in chrome, but again, I don't see anything in there.

I did test it, and yes regardless what download path I choose it will use the last "open from" location when I do upload again.

(I was testing it by adding attachments to emails) Also I did cross check, and however in all cases the browser remembered the last open path I have used, it was not cross "browser", as in IE, Chrome and FF were remember the last one in respect I was using in the given browser. In fact Chrome was even remember after restating the browser. (But I haven't tested this with the other, I assume they behave the same.)

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Tamas Pataki @ May 11, 2018, 6:18 a.m.

Hi Greg,

I don't see anything in that location, which I could use.. I try to research on web, but everyone about the "download" location changes, and I don't seem to see relation with the "upload" and download dialogs so therefore those topics are useless for me.

I did try to dig trough the "Hidden" settings in chrome, but again, I don't see anything in there.

I did test it, and yes regardless what download path I choose it will use the last "open from" location when I do upload again.

(I was testing it by adding attachments to emails) Also I did cross check, and however in all cases the browser remembered the last open path I have used, it was not cross "browser", as in IE, Chrome and FF were remember the last one in respect I was using in the given browser. In fact Chrome was even remember after restating the browser. (But I haven't tested this with the other, I assume they behave the same.)

Response from Tamas Pataki @ May 11, 2018, 6:18 a.m.

Hi Greg,