Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Permission issues Deleting folders on a SAN on a Mac but not Windows with the same AD account
posted by Daniel Cox  on May 14, 2018, 5 p.m. (7 days ago)
0 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
We have just had an issue that we have in the past and I figured I should check if this is a known issue or if there is something we can do better. All our systems are on Active directory; Windows Workstations, Mac Workstations, Server, and Storage. We utilize AD to manage permissions for the centralized storage. We had one of our Domain Admins try to delete a folder he had created for some install files he needed a few months back. When he tried on a Mac he got a message saying he did not have permission to do so. I checked and confirmed that the folder, subfolders, and files all were inheriting the permissions for Domain Controllers to have Full Control. I checked on a different Mac as myself and was getting the same permission issue. When I went to the same location on a PC I was able to easily delete the folder and things within without an issue. Is there any reason this should be given that both systems were using the same credentials? The only odd thing about the deletion was that it removed the files, then it took a few moments to remove the sub-folder, and then I had to issue another delete to remove the main folder. Any thoughts on this or similar experiences would be useful as issues like this are causing our users to be less proactive about cleaning up after themselves and is causing a lot of wasted space which we would very much not to be full of junk.

Thread Tags:
  osx