Sponsors
Sponsor Products
Maya Playblast Render Farm
posted by Cole Abraham  on June 25, 2018, 1:26 p.m. (25 days ago)
1 Responses     0 Plus One's     1 Comments  

I had a suggestion from a coworker who came from another studio to look into running playblasts on a farm. It was apparently done at his last employment with a Windows environment.

What I'm struggling with and hope someone can clarify is the resolution of the playblast when run as a service is smaller than our playblast script sets it to. My theory is that session 0 has it's maximum resolution, the playblast window our script creates expands to the edges of that, and doesn't go any further. Session 0 isn't designed for gui applications at all so there doesn't seem to be any way to set a resolution for it. I'm not even positive that's what's happening but that's what it seems like without being able to see it.

Can anybody provide some insight ?

Thread Tags:
  render 

Response from David Oguri @ June 25, 2018, 5:56 p.m.

I believe that is the case.  I had setup a playblast setup on the farm which used an automatically logged on render user, instead of session 0.  I ran into similar issue that required the console session resolution to be large enough to fit the playblast resolution.  (Initially, the default console resolution was too small, since the rendernodes were a headless system.)

0 Plus One's     1 Comments