Sponsors
Sponsor Products
AV signal noise debug
posted by Brian Krusic  on July 20, 2018, 3:15 p.m. (2 months, 26 days ago)
2 Responses     0 Plus One's     0 Comments  
Hi,
Would any one happen to know some one in the Los Angeles area who can help me debug some signal noise?
Dont ya just love some signal noise
Thanks in advance,
- Brian
Every day is a gift Thats why they call it the present"

Thread Tags:
  discuss-at-studiosysadmins 

Response from Brian Krusic @ July 23, 2018, 1:10 p.m.
Hello Drew and thank you very much for the rely.
Very helpful.
- Brian
Every day is a gift Thats why they call it the present"
On Jul 21, 2018, at 9:55 AM, Drew Rosen <content@studiosysadmins.com> wrote:

Hi Brian.

Happy to try to help walk thru the basics I've used in the past if you don't have any other responses.

Using 'lifts' on the mixer (3 prong electrical plug to 2 prong electrical plug) to help the grounding dissipate has been the most interesting fix I've seen. Occasionally a cable or physical port can be the issue, but I'm sure you would have already deduced that type of issue. Keep your AV cables away from strong electrical stuff. Phantom power on microphones can also be a real pissy adventure on 'boot up' / connections to newer AV gear.

Brain has been emptied, I'm out of thoughts. Cheers.

Ping me if you wanna go thru some ideas.

Drew

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank e-mail to mailto:studiosysadmins-discuss-request@studiosysadmins.com?subject=unsubscribe

0 Plus One's     0 Comments  

Response from Drew Rosen @ July 21, 2018, 12:55 p.m.

Hi Brian.

Happy to try to help walk thru the basics I've used in the past if you don't have any other responses.

Using 'lifts' on the mixer (3 prong electrical plug to 2 prong electrical plug) to help the grounding dissipate has been the most interesting fix I've seen. Occasionally a cable or physical port can be the issue, but I'm sure you would have already deduced that type of issue. Keep your AV cables away from strong electrical stuff. Phantom power on microphones can also be a real pissy adventure on 'boot up' / connections to newer AV gear.

Brain has been emptied, I'm out of thoughts. Cheers.

Ping me if you wanna go thru some ideas.

Drew

0 Plus One's     0 Comments