We’re looking for an experienced Systems Engineer for our London studio. Join us!
- Reports to: Head of Systems
- Role: Systems Engineer
- Location: London
- Contract: Full time (40 hours per week)
Territory studio is a world-leading motion graphics studio specialising in film and games. We believe that creative concepts across VFX, trailers and original content should capture the energy and excitement of dynamic narratives. With a passion for bringing human depth to near future and science fiction technology, we craft stunning UI concepts that connect technology, entertainment and emotional engagement.
To succeed in the role, you’ll be enthusiastic, positive, highly motivated, confident, organised and enjoy dealing with a large variety of systems and workflows. You’re excited by and experienced in using new technologies and opportunities and ready to help develop and improve the existing processes and infrastructure. You’re proficient at communicating both problems and solutions to technical and non-technical personnel alike and will bring new processes, technologies and techniques to the studio to improve the running of the facility in the future.
The role requires a calm character who is willing to multitask and help sort out problems and issues as they arise daily across the organisation, being flexible with working hours. This is an essential position within the company with lots of opportunity to progress within the role, as the company continues to grow globally.
- Working with the Head of Systems, you will be a first point of contact for the departments IT related issues.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and escalate if required in a timely manner.
- Help with monitoring server, network and storage resources on a daily basis.
- Diagnose performance issues on workstations, servers or the network, to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Provision and maintain macOS and Windows workstations.
- Install software and keep systems up to date.
- Keep track of software licenses and ensure asset tracking register is up to date.
- Manage users/groups, permissions and file sharing.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to our render farm.
- Help train new staff and staff changing roles on the use of IT hardware, software and systems.
- Assist in the staff onboarding/offboarding process.
- Assist in performing archiving and backups.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- An excellent knowledge of Apple MacOS and Windows.
- An understanding of networks, firewalls, VPN, DNS, DHCP, FTP and Active Directory.
- We use a range of creative software packages including Cinema 4D, After Effects (and the Adobe Creative Suite), Nuke and Maya, so some familiarity with these packages is a plus.
- Deadline rendering management and troubleshooting experience is preferred but not essential.
- Experience or an interest in cloud computing.
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem solving skills. Able to diagnose and fix hardware faults and software issues.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality, critical work and delivering promptly.
YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK::
Territory Studio Ltd believes that a diverse workforce makes us a more creative and innovative business. We are committed to providing a workplace that welcomes and respects all people regardless of gender identity, sex, sexuality, disability, race, religion, background or belief. We welcome applications from people who are under-represented in our sector.
To apply for this position, please send your showreels/websites and CV to email@example.com