Chief Engineer – Staff – Los Angeles, CA
Psyop (www.psyop.tv) helps brands and agencies connect with consumers and solve business and marketing problems by telling compelling stories and building engaging worlds, using whatever techniques and media are appropriate. Skilled in animation, design, illustration, 3D, 2D and live action production — and seamlessly combining some or all of these — Psyop takes a unique, tailored approach to each and every project.
We are currently in search of a Chief Engineer for our offices based in Los Angeles, CA
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven leadership experience
- Multi-platform Linux/Mac/Windows management and integration
- Scripting skills (shell/Php/Perl/Python/...) required, web service development an asset
- Back end server management, virtualization
- Configuration management and deployment tools
- Advanced understanding of Animation and VFX production and experience configuring, deploying and maintaining typical applications used in this space
- Networking and storage configuration and management
- Digital video, codecs and color science
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience
- Ability to communicate clearly with non-technical production staff
- Ability to keep a positive attitude in sometimes stressful situations ?
- Strong customer service ethic and natural problem solving abilities
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic environment
- Familiar with physical infrastructure issues (power, HVAC, construction projects)
- Analyze and find creative solutions for software, hardware and systems problems involving Artists and Developers
- Manage engineering team in LA, coordinate with teams at other locations to ensure commonality of procedures and objectives
- Production support via phone, email and live at desk-side. ?
- Liaison between technology and production departments. ?
- Develop and document tools for team processes.
- Enhance, modify, and redesign the systems to accommodate the ever-changing requirements of production ?
- Use your understanding of computer animation to come up with creative solutions to difficult technical problems ??
- Evaluate and procure new technology
- Maintain and track budget
- Interact with technology vendors, procurement
If you meet the above skills and qualifications, please submit a coverletter along with a resume to email@example.com - applications without a resume will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE